Monday, August 18, 2008

V-v-v-v

Boomp3.com

M is for Monday is for Mp3

Friday night, some friends and I went to the free concert series at South Street Seaport. White Williams and The Dirty Projectors were the lineup. Threats of tornadoes and hail, torrential downpours, and seeking refuge in a very quaint, charming, off-the-beaten-path bar actually inhibited us from seeing White Williams' performance (which was only four songs long). Extreme flashes of lightning over the East River prevented us from catching more than thirty minutes of The Dirty Projectors. Still though, despite the soggy feet, the bangs curling in the humidity, and puddle hopping the cobblestone streets, it wound up being a really fun night.

So today I share with you a little White Williams gem that I would have loved to have heard live . . . had I not been so busy repeatedly reaching the bottom of my pint glass at the bar.

No comments: